Want to learn how to make BEE into a strategic advantage?
You’re not alone: we’ve been asked many times if we’d share our experience in finance and BEE to help business owners and their advisors better understand how to make BEE into a strategic advantage.
So we’re planning a series of 1-day workshops in the major cities of SA, for Oct/Nov this year.
It will be a super experience-transfer workshop, where we’ll really unpack things for you.
- Why BEE exists and why it’s not going away anytime soon
- How the low-growth economy increases the importance of BEE
- What the different scorecard elements really cost, vs the returns you can expect.
- The advantages of an ownership-first BEE strategy
- How to survey your customers and understand the ROI from BEE
- Why buying/selling shares in private companies is tricky, and why BEE makes this harder still.
- Common issues in BEE deals, including financing, tax and control…frustrations and fronting
- What the ideal BEE looks like
- The different ownership types allowed in the codes
- The pros and cons of common ownership structures
- How to finance BEE deals
- How tax trips up many deals, sometimes years down the line.
- How to get out of a BEE deal
- Dealing with the BEE commission: what to expect.
- Verification: common pitfalls & how to prepare
- Sector specific issues
…and much more.
If you’d be interested in this, simply email us and we’ll stay in touch. More formal communications to follow…